Subsidized Services for Pensioners

Bulk-billed hearing tests and Hearing services

To be eligible for subsidized hearing services under the governments Hearing Services Program, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident over the age of 26 and either:

  • a Pensioner Concession Card holder
  • receiving Sickness Allowance from Centrelink
  • the holder of a Gold Repatriation Health Card issued for all conditions
  • the holder of a White Repatriation Health Card issued for conditions including hearing loss
  • a dependent of a person in one of the above categories
  • a member of the Australian Defence Force
  • part of the Australian Government funded Disability Employment Services (DES) - Disability Management Service, and you are referred by your Disability Employment Services case manager.

You are also eligible to receive bulk-billed hearing services through a different Government program if you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident and you are :-

  • under the age of 26, with a diagnosed aid-able hearing loss
  • an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander who is over the age of 50
  • An Indigenous participant in the Remote Jobs and Community program
  • a former Indigenous participant in a Community Development Employment Projects program, who received hearing services prior to June 30, 2013.

Contact Us

Find a Location